I’m always tinkering with different ideas and new tech and sometimes these lead to useful stuff. What follows is a couple of open source projects I decided to highlight - for more, please check my github profile.
gula.recipes is a privacy- and performance-oriented recipe search engine with over a million recipes.
- Scrapy for crawling
- CLD3 for language detection
- fastText for diet classification
- FlatBuffers and Rocker for near-zero-copy rendering
- Lucene for search and facceting
- Spring Boot (Webflux) with Java 12
This is a small and super fast library in Go that provides highly accurate (arbitrary) quantile estimation over high-volume data. go-tdigest is designed to support merging so it’s a perfect fit for collecting data for a large fleet of servers and reliably computing statistics (Think SLAs, price distribution, etc). It’s being used by a few companies in the Monitoring & Observability space.